This November saw the opening of the second StockholmDays, with lots of tour operators and local suppliers being invited to the workshop. It was a very productive event, arranging over 1600 meetings in around six hours. From our office, two of the staff were sent from Oslo to participate. As it has been a while since last Photo Album post, this also presented a chance to take and show a few photos from Stockholm during the off season.
Photo Album: StockholmDays 2012
- The Nordic Capitals are ideal for hik... — All the Nordic countries have a lot of beautiful, quiet nature – often very close to the cities. Helsinki has the Nuuksio National Park, Stockholm has the UNESCO World Heritage site, The Woodland Cemetery, as well as the island Royal Djurgården famous for its many museums, parks, canals and forest paths. Oslo has its own [...]
- Nordic Christmas markets — Now the time is finally here! The autumn leaves have left us and the ground is getting covered with fresh white snow. If you really want to capture the Christmas spirit a visit to one of the many Christmas markets is a great start. The smell of the candied almonds or to drink a cup [...]
- Midsummer! — Today midsummer is celebrated in Sweden and Finland. Midsummer Eve is always on a Friday in the timeframe 19 – 25 th of June and Midsummer Day is the day after (Saturday) Find more information from Midsummer from Swedens youtube channel Glad [...]
- Semmeldagen — From old traditions Fettisdagen (The Fat Tuesday) is the Swedish name for the Tuesday after the Quinquagesima and the they ate the buns with cream for “fatten up” before the Lenten fast. It has many names (fastlagsbullar, fettisdagsbullar etc.) and even if the Swedes might not fast any longer, they still love their Semla! In 2017 [...]
- Fjallgatan — Fjällgatan is sometimes referred to as the “balcony” of Stockholm. Located on the north eastern shore of Södermalm, with buildings dating back to the 18th century, it offers a panoramic view of Old Town to the west, Skeppsholmen and Djurgården with Gröna Lund amusement park and Skansen to the east. From the viewing platform you [...]