We have recently received an inquiry about the Helsinki Card. The card gives 24 hours access to public transportation, and free entrance to the major Helsinki museums and sights. The card is also valid for the daily guide tour and audio sightseeing tour by Helsinki Expert. The audio sightseeing tours comes in 12 languages, among them Chinese and Japanese. The Helsinki card is also available in 48 and 72 hours for longer stays.
- The Nordic Capitals are ideal for hik... — All the Nordic countries have a lot of beautiful, quiet nature – often very close to the cities. Helsinki has the Nuuksio National Park, Stockholm has the UNESCO World Heritage site, The Woodland Cemetery, as well as the island Royal Djurgården famous for its many museums, parks, canals and forest paths. Oslo has its own [...]
- Any good food in Scandinavia? — Lots of new restaurants have received stars and mentions in the Michelin guide which were presented this week, and many also kept their previous stars. But that’s not all! The Scandinavian teams have yet again showed that they are among the best in the world during the Culinary Olympics which were held in Stuttgart, also [...]
- Nordic Christmas markets — Now the time is finally here! The autumn leaves have left us and the ground is getting covered with fresh white snow. If you really want to capture the Christmas spirit a visit to one of the many Christmas markets is a great start. The smell of the candied almonds or to drink a cup [...]
- Midsummer! — Today midsummer is celebrated in Sweden and Finland. Midsummer Eve is always on a Friday in the timeframe 19 – 25 th of June and Midsummer Day is the day after (Saturday) Find more information from Midsummer from Swedens youtube channel Glad [...]
- Helsinki Coffee Festival — Saturday 23-24 APRMorning sessions (10am – 2pm)Speaker’s cornerHow to prepare quality coffee at homeLearn from a baristaHow to maintain your coffeemaker cleanProfessional’s tipsCoffee and healthCoffee culture in FinlandBrewed coffee vs. espressoMain stageBrewers Cup’s first, silent round, organised by SCAE Finnish Chapter Afternoon session (2.30pm – 6.30pm)Speaker’s cornerHow to prepare quality coffee at homeLearn from a [...]