A typical local commuter train in Copenhagen, the S-train connects the various suburbs with the city center together with the Metro system. The first S-trains was put into service in 1934. The current generation of trains is the 4th in the line, and have a top speed of 120 km/h.
- Any good food in Scandinavia? — Lots of new restaurants have received stars and mentions in the Michelin guide which were presented this week, and many also kept their previous stars. But that’s not all! The Scandinavian teams have yet again showed that they are among the best in the world during the Culinary Olympics which were held in Stuttgart, also [...]
- 17th of May in Norway — To visit Norway on the 17th of May is an amazing experience. Both locals and visitors are enjoying themselves and if you are in Oslo on this date we strongly suggest you to visit the parade on Karl Johans gate all the way up to the royal palace. For the full program, please visit this [...]
- Cash or Card in Scandinavia? — Scandinavia is getting more and more of cash-less countries, and card is accepted from buying chewing gums for some Krona to expensive dinner for tens of thousands. Denmark will from 1st of January 2018 also give shops and restaurant the right to decline cash payment after 22:00 (and some places already from 20:00). So next [...]
- Christmas marked in Nyhavn — Christmas marked opened 11 November. Please note that Miki staff can find more info about Scandinavian christmas markeds [...]
- Glacier walk or climb — Only 2.5 hours drive from Reykjavik you will be able to see and walk on a glacier. Passing 2 beautiful water falls on the way. Iceland Mountain Guides will do this excursion and many other light or tough excursions exploring the wilderness of Iceland. Possible to walk behind this waterfall Possible to walk to the [...]